Middletown, NY asked in Sexual Harassment for New York

Q: Can you sue your old foster parents for molestation if it has been years? and you were a minor.

I was a foster child under the care of B**** & S**** K**** at ages ( 10 - 13 ) they were under Hogares Inc which i googled and saw they are permanently closed. Anyway i came out to my foster mom at the time and she continued to not do anything about it. As the adult i am today stress, Anxiety, depression, has been a huge struggle and i feel like since they were paid to be "taking care" of me that entire time i should be entitled to some kind of financial compensation nothing was ever done to them. This took place in Albuquerque NM but i fear i am too late to do anything so i figured it could not hurt to reach out and ask. I'm a military spouse currently stationed in NY thank you in advance for any information you can give.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: That would probably be a New Mexico case, so post your question under NM, not NY. You will need to state the years of abuse and when you turned 18.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.