Inverness, FL asked in Contracts and Legal Malpractice for Florida

Q: How could I go about suing a attorney for unethical reasons?

I was tricked into paying legal fees that were never owed and given directly to my ex-husband by his attorney. I have text messages proving this was done to me. Do i have any legal ground? What category does this fall under?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: To get meaningful advice about your situation, you need to schedule a consultation with an attorney for discussion of the circumstances, review of your retainer contract (if any) and the case materials, and if this was a court case, review of the court docket. You might have a legal malpractice situation or a breach of contract situation, or both. A very small percentage of attorneys handle legal malpractice claims, but you should be able to find one. You can try the Find-a-Lawyer tab on the top of the Justia page, or try the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service - see

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.