Seattle, WA asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Oregon

Q: I recently bought property from a friend. We closed escrow May 13 but she won't leave. What do I do?

We have both resided on the same property for 3 years. I recently bought it and she was supposed to leave for New Mexico. Our purchase agreement says property will be delivered at funding. Now she has had all of the money for almost 6 weeks and has only packed a few boxes and there is trash everywhere. What do I need to do to have her removed.

2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: You will have to hire a competent OR attorney to file an eviction proceeding.

Katherine Goodman
Katherine Goodman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: If you have not contacted a local real estate or landlord tenant attorney, you should do so to have them review the purchase agreement. They can review the agreement and help you with the next steps.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.