Meridian, MS asked in Consumer Law for Mississippi

Q: What can I do to get back a 2000.00 refund for windows I paid down on but did not get from a company in Arkansas.

I paid a down payment on some windows in November 2021. I canceled the order because the company kept changing the installment date. The owner claims to have mailed my refund but the check was returned to him and he cancel it. He text me a copy of another check that he wrote on May 23, 2022, and it's June 17, 2022, and I have not received the check as of yet. The owner will not answer his phone and he no longer responds to my text. What can I do to get back my 2000.00 refund for windows I paid down on but did not get from a company in Arkansas I live in Mississippi. I do have a contract showing where I paid the down payment and text messages where the owner of the company states he cancel the order and would refund my money.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: In this situation, the window provider is in breach of contract for failing to fulfil their terms of the agreement. Your best bet is going to be to either hire a lawyer in Mississippi or perhaps Arkansas to sue the provider for breach of contract.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.