Jacksonville, FL asked in Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: Aunt filed unlawful detainer. and told to move I'm on ssdi. what can I do for help

3 rivers won't help says conflict of int. I bought shed from a family member that doesn't live on property and I have been paying rent since Jan 2019 w/no complaint. It has electric and water. She let a granddaughter, kids, & her boyfriend move a shed & camper here and they made a huge mess. A complaint made to the zoning board. Zoning guy came out said no one can live in a shed. They were going to find her $50 a day. I had already bought a motorless RV that I was renovating to live in but was told that I can't live in it either in Columbia County on private property. I do not have any income except for 1127.00 a month and that's with a widowers benefit of 441.00. I really just need time to get to next month's pay of disability so that I can have my RV towed out of here. I need a lawyer to represent me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You could try the Fla. Bar Lawyers Referral Service and ask for a Low Fee Panel attorney - see https://lrs.floridabar.org/

However, in the event that there is no law that protects you from the code enforcement authorities, there is little or nothing a lawyer can do. Schedule a consultation ASAP, and if it turns out that you have no legal protection, seek the help of social service agencies that help people avoid homelessness. I don't know about such agencies up your way, but here in South Fla., the county court clerk's office maintains a list of such agencies to give to tenants who have been evicted. Perhaps your local court also has such a list.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.