Cuyahoga Falls, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: My ex requested I have supervised visitations with my child. I went for my visit and he dropped my child off and left.

What can I file. I am a good mom. We just got done with pretrial and he broke a court order. The things he said to judge to get me supervised visits weren't true. I have some evidence but not alot. We've had parenting plan for 8 yrs

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Parents involved in Child Custody cases can keep a log of events and issues which arise concerning the child. The log can be used at trial to help refresh a custodian's memory of what occurred including days, times, related messages and admissions by the other party. The other party will need to show a change in circumstances to terminate a shared parenting plan which is already in place.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.