Asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: trial period for son she said no and brought up co pays and day care expenses from 5 yrs ago can she do this options plz

She has not provided any receipts and daycare expenses were from 5 years ago is there a statuette on this son wants to come live with me but she won't let him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Assuming she has custody and you only have visitation, and If there is not an order saying she has to allow visitation (or visitation is dictated in the order) then it is within her rights to say no. You need to contact a family law attorney that can assist you with this, because these types of cases are very case specific and generic answers only lead you one way or the other when there may or may not be many avenues available.

Gary Johnston Dean agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.