Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: Can a defendant have a criminal case that has been sentenced, moved to another jurisdiction?

Sentenced to 15 in/15 out. Some racial injustice. Victims parents are friends with sheriff and other people of influence. Modification of sentence denied June 2022.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Any change of venue based on alleged or perceived bias or unfairness associated with a judge, district attorney or law enforcement probably should’ve taken place well before trial, sentencing or disposition of the case. At this juncture, your best bet is simply to contact an attorney who specializes in “post conviction relief.” There are not a ton of them out there, but there are some fantastic ones if you can find them. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.