Las Vegas, NV asked in Elder Law and Landlord - Tenant for Nevada

Q: I'm looking for a lawyer that takes cases on pro bono

I'm 68 yrs. old with cancer and going through a stem cell transplant and have paid my rent on time or the past 10 yrs. My landlord has given me to 7/31 to vacate the property. I have no violation I've been off work since last February due to cancer and no money coming in but my SSD which pay rent through. I've asked them to work with me till I get back on my feet, there response was we don't care

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dara Joy Goldsmith
Dara Joy Goldsmith
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: You should contact Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Southern Nevada Senior Law Program, or Nevada Legal Services for placement. They are all Pro Bono service providers who qualify clients, have staff attorneys, as well as place cases with private attorneys. Good luck.

Janice Jacovino agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.