Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Elder Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nevada Elder Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Landlord - Tenant for Nevada on
Q: I'm looking for a lawyer that takes cases on pro bono

I'm 68 yrs. old with cancer and going through a stem cell transplant and have paid my rent on time or the past 10 yrs. My landlord has given me to 7/31 to vacate the property. I have no violation I've been off work since last February due to cancer and no money coming in but my SSD which... View More

Dara Joy Goldsmith
Dara Joy Goldsmith
answered on Jun 25, 2022

You should contact Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Southern Nevada Senior Law Program, or Nevada Legal Services for placement. They are all Pro Bono service providers who qualify clients, have staff attorneys, as well as place cases with private attorneys. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Personal Injury for Nevada on
Q: It has taken almost 30 days for American Home shield to get air compressor fixed still broke is this legal?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 13, 2021

A Nevada attorney could advise best. but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you're able to reach a local attorney, it could be worth noting that these types of settings are often governed provisions of the contract between the parties. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Elder Law and Probate for Nevada on
Q: How can I find out if Medicaid Estate Recovery will file a claim on family estate?

Nevada 1997: Grandma died testate. Her estate worth $6000. She willed it to my disabled mom who'd lived with her as caregiver for 3 yrs before Grandma went into nursing home. Grandma's attorney filed Order to Set Aside, adding that Medicaid Estate Recovery lien for $16k was... View More

Dara Joy Goldsmith
Dara Joy Goldsmith
answered on Mar 4, 2021

Before filing you could call MERS and inquire if either your grandmother or mother owe MERS money. You would need to then file 2 Petitions for Set Aside, assuming MERS is not owed money or you are going to pay MERS to the property. MERS needs to be noticed in both your grandmother's and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Nevada on
Q: During COVID, special instructions for facilities that require residents to undergo mandatory daily breathalyzer,

Are recommended. Shouldn’t there be a recall-like manufacturer intervention to make sure that institutions are not spreading COVID by incorrectly using the breathalyzer equipment?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 6, 2020

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. The point you raise has elements of ethics in it. Like a recall action that you mention, one could ask whether it is the right thing to do. Would it help save lives? Would it expose the company to more liability...... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Elder Law and Probate for Nevada on
Q: My father is ill and may not live very long.

He is not lucid. Is there a way for my mother (they are married) to get durable power of attorney over him or is there another option? She is looking to refinance her home at a lower interest rate so that she can afford to stay there after he passes.

Delwyn E. Webber
Delwyn E. Webber
answered on Jun 12, 2020

Unfortunately as your father is not lucid, he cannot sign a Power of Attorney. Your mom would have to get a guardianship over him through the Court. This all takes time and expense and the Court would have to consent to refinancing the house.

After your dad passes your mom should be able...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Elder Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Nevada on
Q: Travel Company I joined moved, I can't contact them and I'm still making payments to a finance company what can I do?

Infinity Concierge Services, LLC, Inessa Kazaryan and Vilen Kazaryan have beat many people including myself out of lots of money. This was a Travel Club in Las Vegas, NV located on Convention Center Drive. Vilen was the Mgr at the office which no longer exists and the telephone numbers are... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jun 21, 2019

I applaud your persistence and determination in trying to resolve this troublesome problem. As you now know, you are only one of many other people who have suffered substantial loss in this flimflam.

Unfortunately, there is no (easy) way to get out of the installment contract you made with...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Elder Law, Municipal Law and Probate for Nevada on
Q: I'm a personal representative on will and sole beneficiary on will. Do I still have to file with courts Reno NV

Owes back taxes and past debts are on his credit report and future bills there is no money or assets to pay them. What I'm supposed to do?

Delwyn E. Webber
Delwyn E. Webber
answered on Feb 22, 2019

Under NV Statute, the Will should be filed with the Court. If there are no assets, only liabilities, then there is no reason to spend funds opening an insolvent Probate. It would be different if there were assets to be transferred to you as the heir.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law for Nevada on
Q: Can I file a case if elder abuse against my sister /holding mothers bank card not letting others visit? (Children)

My sister doesn't let any of my mothers other children visit her. My mother don't want to stay there any more but my sister said she can't leave and no one can come and get her.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jan 15, 2016

A local elder abuse lawyer can review and advise of your rights and options.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.