Anchorage, AK asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Hawaii

Q: I want to file a death certificate with the Bureau of Conveyances for a joint tenant on a property in Hawaii on which I

am the other tenant with rights of survivorship.They informed me that I must have a lawyer do this for me. If this is true,what would be the costs? I live in Alaska.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly LaPrade
Kelly LaPrade
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Lahaina, HI
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: If it is just Bureau of Conveyances then I can prepare and file this for about an hour’s worth of time plus filing fee. If it is Land Court then it is much more complicated. You can email me at: for more info on my hourly rate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.