Asked in Immigration Law

Q: Please can acquision of the permanent visa take less than three months?I want help to acquire in 3 months.Thank you

Please I gain admission to Canadian college as nurse, is it possible to get my PR with the admission offer at the same time and how do I get it possibly done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Monica E Rottermann
Monica E Rottermann
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA

A: No, there is a big backlog of cases, which has led to long processing times. If you qualify for filing adjustment of status in the United States you can check the USCIS Processing Times to find out how long your local field office is taking to process these applications:

If you are applying for an immigrant visa abroad, the I-130 will first have to be processed and then you will have to wait to be scheduled for an immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country. Both options will take longer than 3 months.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.