Greensburg, PA asked in Foreclosure for Pennsylvania

Q: Bought a residential foreclosure what form do I use to evict after I have served a notice to quit in Pa

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Kennedy Bifulco
David Kennedy Bifulco pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Bethlehem, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: In Pennsylvania when you buy a foreclosure property and either the former owner or the former owner's tenant has possession of the property you have to file an "Action in Ejectment". This is filed in the Court of Common Pleas unlike a regular Landlord Tenant case which is filed with the local Magisterial District Justice in your County or in Municipal Court if you were in Philadelphia County.

An Ejectment Action follows all the rule requirements that all Common Pleas cases must follow. Since this is more complicated than a Landlord Tenant or small claims case that you would file with the Magisterial District Court you should seek the assistance of an Attorney when filing the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.