Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: I need help as to what I need to do. I had my door kicked in the only thing found was a meth pipe and scales. No drugs

Were found. I was told I sold to a c I. No charges have been filed they want me to do a controlled by but for the safety of my family im not gonna do that. What do I need to do im in Oklahoma. Someone plz help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: It’s a very bad idea to discuss such a situation on a public forum such as this. Clearly someone who had been arrested and was in serious trouble was asked to assist law-enforcement with locating other criminal activity in order to save his/ her own skin. This is a very very dangerous situation. It sounds like someone pointed the finger at you, possibly was provided some money, equipped with some type of recording device and asked to make a buy from other people engaged in drug activity. Somehow they got you in their sites, and, if you’ve been informed that you sold to a confidential informant than they’re is an excellent chance they have it recorded in some fashion, and otherwise have some meaningful evidence of criminal activity against you. If you never made such a sale then you should be fine. You need to get off this form and consult a criminal defense attorney before you move forward in this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.