Asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Banking for Florida

Q: I’m from Malaysia , years ago I bought a land with LLC, tax wasn’t pay , company not active.

Then the land was put into auction I think. Now they gave me a surplus disbursement check . I cannot claim it directly with my name ,on my country. How can I claim the money. I was planing to open another LLC same name but my country don’t have LLC. They have LLP or BHD . Or Can I hire a lawyer in Florida to claim it for me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jane Kim
Jane Kim
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Naples, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: A lawyer cannot "claim" it for you, but can help you navigate this transaction. I recommend contacting the county or whomever issued you the check to re-issue it to you individually in your name. If that does not work, you may need a lawyer to figure out next steps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.