Prescott, AZ asked in Environmental, Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Arizona

Q: I’ve been drinking poison for 2 years. Arsenic in well water on the home I leased failed test - EPA Standards.

I'm female, in my 60's, and I don't know a polite way of stating this...I've had chronic diarreah for the last 2 years which is why I had the water tested.

What are my chances of finding an attorney who would represent me, get paid when we settle, and sue this SOB for Breach of Contract, Breach of Implied Warranty of Habitability, Unfair & Deceptive Trade Practices, violating a host of A.R.S. - Landlord/Tenant Act, and poisoning me to boot and being an all around sorry individual?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Arizona attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for four weeks. It sounds like you're asking about an attorney who would handle your matter on a contingency basis (you mention payment upon settlement). It's difficult to say whether a firm would handle something like this on a contingency basis. You'd have to ask around by reaching out to law firms - this could be more complex than typical property & casualty matters routinely handled on a contingency basis (such as auto accidents). This looks like it could involve environmental sampling and lab analysis, and other possible expert opinions. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.