Dublin, GA asked in Probate for Georgia

Q: Hello my uncle passed away and wanted to leave his house and property to me. His widow is also willing to sign it over

...it over to me. The property is still in his name only and I don't not think there are any liens in the property. It is in the state of Georgia. My question is am I able to do the proper paperwork on my own?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph E. Cheeley, III
Joseph E. Cheeley, III PRO label
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Buford, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: No, when you are dealing with real estate and property owned by a decedent, you should always have an attorney who practices in this area handle the matter.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.