Silver Spring, MD asked in Child Custody, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Family Law for New Jersey

Q: How to dismiss, etc. false allegations of spousal abuse & harassment? TRO dismissed now civil restraints, took daughter

Discovered wife was cheating, she went manic (untreated PTSD, etc.) with some sort of postpartum psychosis, made false allegations (domestic violence & harassment). TRO was dismissed but wife uncooperative under civil restraints, canceling visitations, firing supervisors, continuing to lie. I am a public figure and this seems to fall under defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, lying to law enforcement, etc.

2 Lawyer Answers
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your question does not clearly state whether this matter is a MD or NJ matter. I cannot speak to MD law, but if this is a NJ matter, you would need to retain an experienced matrimonial attorney to file an enforcement motion for the civil restraints. In addition, especially if you are a public figure, then you should file for divorce before this matter gets any worse or lasts much longer.

Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Short Hills, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need to sit down with an experienced family law attorney to discuss your options. This type of claim is not simple and sounds like an application will need to be filed with the family part for various forms of relief. As to the viability of a defamation claim (similar to Johnny Depp's claim), same can also be discussed during a consultation. If you would like to schedule a consultation with one of the lawyers in this office, please contact Angela to arrange it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.