Norwood, MA asked in Child Custody for Massachusetts

Q: Can being part of a throuple affect child custody?

My ex has two partners and they are sleeping over at his home (all in one bed, according to the children) while my young children are present. We share custody but I am concerned that the home isn't stable or supportive for my kids, and that inappropriate behavior may impact them negatively.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If there was a divorce judgment or other judgment involving custody and visitation, then you will ASAP need to file a Modification Complaint along with a Motion to Suspend/ Limit Visitation so that third persons are not present overnight with the children and an affidavit as to what the children have observed and are upset . If there are temporary orders only and not a Judgment you would need to file the Motion to Modify Temporary Orders with an Affidavit. Also, it is po9ssible that the terms of a Separation Agreement in Divorce or a Custody and Support or Paternity action Agreement was embodied in the Judgment in which event the document needs to be reviewed to see if there is also a Contempt of a currently existing order of Judgment.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.