Plainfield, NJ asked in Car Accidents for New Jersey

Q: Can i still be compensated in nj for the aggravation of my preexisting osteoarthiritis and diabetes from a car accident

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
H. Scott Aalsberg
H. Scott Aalsberg
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: The answer depends on several factors but the hardest factor to always prove is that the accident was the cause of these ailments.

Gerald D. Siegel
Gerald D. Siegel pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Plainsboro Township, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: The answer depends on a number of factors, some of which are:

What is your tort threshold on your auto policy, i.e. your right to sue for pain and suffering,

Have you had a MRI since this accident and any before the accident and what do they demonstrate,

What is the nature and extent of your treatment for the present accident.

You should speak with an attorney who is Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer, many of whom answer questions herein.

Gerald D. Siegel, Esq.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.