Q: Can i get an attorney to sue a record label for copies of my catalog & portfolio without a copy of my contract?

Well i signed a distribution deal with the label 80/20% cut and i own all Masters and music i created for 5 albums to be distributed over 5 years 2014 . i only have given And released 4/5 before i lost contact with them _ them = the label . i have had head trauma after signing to where i forgot where to go who to call and lost my phone with all numbers in it . i lost my black card with multimillions on it and forgotten whom my accountant is the label provided and which bank i banked with i have no way of getting that information unless i contact the label executives I've tried for YEARS to get MANY of the label workers) + artists + A&Rs + executives attention online and honestly i believe they've been avoiding me i been without my money for over 6 years which was also the timeframe of my last interactions with the label i was wondering if i could sue for the information , and would an attorney be a decisive positive for me? I don't have much money NOW

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could continue to await a response, but there is a category here, Entertainment/Sports Law. You could try reposting and adding that as a category. There's no guarantee all posts are answered, but attorneys in that area might be more familiar with some of these issues than general civil litigation attorneys. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.