Spring, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: My nephew who is 14 was kicked out of his home by his mother with no money, no shoes or food. Can I get custody?

He was on the streets for 19 hours before we were able to reach him, he was in North Carolina, we took him back to Texas and it took his mother two days to reach out asking about his whereabouts. She struck him in the face before the incident and she has an ongoing cps investigation when she abandoned him for days on end when he was 10. What can we do from her trying to take him back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sharita Blacknall
Sharita Blacknall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: In a situation like this, a petition for a suit affecting the parent-child relationship can be made to the court alleging abuse and neglect.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.