Allen Park, MI asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Estate Planning and Probate for Michigan

Q: I am 65 years old. My father is 97 and has millions. Can I sue him for neglect that occurred 62 years ago?

I was 2 years old when I was injured and traumatized by an event that shaped my life. He is a religious man with millions and now that he is in his last years and he continues to deny his responsibility and is punishing me for not following his faith by leaving me out of his will. Can I sue him for my fair share of the family money?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Michigan attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. You could reach out to attorneys to discuss, but keep in mind that law firms that handle injury cases might not consider something like this on a contingency basis. There is also the element of the passage of so much time. You could discuss the will-related issues with attorneys who work with probate/estate matters. One way to put your questions to rest would be to reach out to attorneys to discuss in further detail. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.