Washington, DC asked in Personal Injury for District of Columbia

Q: Why dose lawyer need my tax returns for lawsuit involving child sexual abuse?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Mesirow
John Mesirow
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in District of Columbia

A: Are you suing someone for child sexual abuse? If so, your lawyer is probably asking for your tax returns either to prove your loss of income, or because you have claimed loss of income and the other side is asking for them (and would almost certainly be entitled to them). If this isn't why, you will need to more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.