Q: Can a coworker obtain a no contact stalking order and us continue to work at the same company, or do I have to quit?

A coworker filed a petition for a no contact stalking, alleging that I have harassed and intimidated them while at work, damaged their property. Coworker has never mention these allegations to our supervisor/HR dept., never made them aware that they were filing a petition. Coworker did not aware them because they know that the allegations are false & unfounded, that none of the allegations can be corroborated by any one at work where they claim these incidents happened, no witnesses.
 They hope to get the No Contact order so I no longer be allowed at job site where they put as a protective address. 
Plaintiff never told the courts we were coworkers when filing petition. I will mention at trial. 
If they are successful in obtaining the order, would I have to quit or be fired? 
Can I file a motion or an objection? 
What can I do to keep my job/work in the same building if plaintiff is successful in obtaining order?

1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: It appears that you may have to retain counsel to protect your legal interests with respect to that no contact petition that will affect your employment directly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.