Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: Is there something I can do to get primary so the kids can stay together? Or no because daughter was sent here.

I’m primary of son (16)in Nevada ex is primary of daughter(13) in Idaho. Idaho has jurisdiction. Court custody is alternate summers holiday no child support. Split medical cost 2019 court date she didnt get primary of son back no substantial change. She asked if I would take daughter because it’s best interest siblings be together. But had to be outside of court. She said she’d help with financial. So no child support. I have school times she has summers. 2020 talked about taking daughter back. But let her stay after son was upset. She provides phone gives them 25$ once in a while. She doesn’t have insurance for kids or pay half of ours. Can I do anything if she chose to send daughter here Voluntary is that not considered substantial change? I fear she’ll take her back any time and kids will be separated again after she said best interest is for kids to be together Also there is 6 yr half sibling that is bonded.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: You should consult an Idaho attorney. From a Nevada attorneys' perspective and with the limited information above, you can file in court asking for primary custody if you have had primary custody ( even if it was voluntary given to you) as this can be seen as a substantial change assuming your primary custody has been more then the summer or your normal time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.