Phoenix, AZ asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Arizona

Q: Revocation Hearing, Board said inmate WAVED to reinstate . Inmate told waving right to an atorney. Another hearing?

Inmate NEEDS supervision reinstated. It would have been granted but Board said Inmate WAVED- Inmate did not intentionally WAVE- He was misinformed when signed paper. What can inmate do now to get RELEASED?

1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Scharboneau
Steven Scharboneau
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anthem, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Thank you for your question, but I'd need to clarify some of the finer points to give a more accurate answer. First, was this a revocation hearing to revoke probation? If so, what type of probation? Also, I'm interested to know more about the board that said that rights were waived and exactly what paper was signed by the accused. Based on the information provided, it sounds like you should consult an Arizona criminal defense attorney. Most criminal defense attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations to further discuss.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.