Lima, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: My name is Cierra I am asking about being able to move out a few months before I turn 18

Me and my mom have been having ongoing issues between each other and it doesn’t get better and I have talked to my grandma about her and she has said I was welcome to live with her to have somewhere to go till I turn 18 in a few months or graduate highschool this school year, too specify more I am not asking about being able to move in with my grandma she just said I could go there, and I read a thing where if I have the adult responsibilities and can be financial stable I could move out.

My mom is way to toxic for being able to keep living with her

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 2919.23 no person, knowing the person is without privilege to do so or being reckless in that regard, shall entice, take, keep, or harbor a minor child from the parent, guardian, or legal custodian. A parent guardian or legal custodian must give permission for a minor child to move out or those who harbor the minor child may face criminal charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.