Alachua, FL asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Is there anyway to get a temporary injunction for protection against domestic violence with minor children lifted?

We lived together, she left and then this happened. She’s already broken windows and super glued my gas cap shut.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pamela J. Fero
Pamela J. Fero
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The respondent can file a motion to modify or remove a restraining order if he/she proves that the circumstances that granted the injunction no longer exist. It's up to the judge's decision to remove the injunction. If the judge finds the petitioner is no longer in danger, the injunction can be dissolved.

If you think you're in imminent danger of violence, talk to your lawyer immediately to know the best action you can take.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.