Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: My boyfriend is in Oklahoma County Jail he been in there for a month with a high bond, should I do affidavit

And file for an motion at the county clerk and also a bond reduction form

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: They is clearly not enough factual background to your question to give you any meaningful guidance. However, it sounds like you might be the victim of a domestic abuse arrest for your boyfriend. If you’re talking about doing an affidavit, it sounds like you’re desirous of informing the district attorneys office that either you are uncooperative and don’t want him prosecuted or, perhaps, that he’s innocent. Of course I don’t know what your real intentions are. My advice would simply be to contact a criminal defense attorney, explain the circumstances and hopefully you’ll get answers to your questions. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.