Brooklyn, NY asked in Civil Rights for Puerto Rico

Q: Can I sue Mayor of the city I live in with a Civil case for Fraudulently lying to me a retired missionary RN moved to PR

Post Maria in Puerto Rico involved major debris clean up. My brother happened to be standing by the wall the date the contracted crew did the damage to my wall when removing neighborhood debris. He was instructed to fill out local police which he did dated 12/2017. Then in 04/2018 when my electricity cam back on I flew back for 2 wks. I went to Mayor’s office where the stamped it with words “Rush”on it. The employee in charge of hiring & overseeing the contracted help, R.C., sent text admitting fault & apologizing for the delay. When I moved back from states 06/18 wall was still not done! My cement wall was beginning to lean! My brother & I waited 2 hours in Mayor’s office to meet with him. Instead he sent L.P. who informed us that he would get in touch with Rio Grande Engineer to get an estimate. I never heard back til my brother & I went to Mayor’s office to speak with Mr. Pagan about wall. Approximately 2 months later he informed us he never called Engineer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This looks like it involves hurricane-related damage that took place in Puerto Rico. The attorneys who practice there could advise better on this. You could repost under "Puerto Rico." You'll see a link, "Show More States." When you click that, you'll see "Territories" under the first column of states. Puerto Rico appears there. There's no guarantee every post is picked up, but you might have better chances of a response if you reposted there. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.