Oklahoma City, OK asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Michigan

Q: What law or title in the civil rights act protects me against discrimination from the friend of the court office?

I was looking at title vi information but as far as I know that framework is mainly for programs that accept federal assistance not so much referring to the employees of government offices. I do believe my investigator discriminates on gender and race. I know most times people are just being bitter toward the state but I have evidence and have asked numerous people who are not friends if they felt my investigator was capable of giving an impartial investigation with the current beliefs she has been voicing on Facebook. I know somethings on Facebook would not be enough to show discrimination but her evaluation of my case was full of "facts" I can prove to not be true. I would not imagine that if someone did this on a normal basis they wouldn't have a job so my only conclusion to the fabricated evaluation is because I am the recipient of discrimination on behalf of my gender and race. Fyi I am the opposite "color" of the race she claims to be her people while the other parent is her ppl.

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You can file a grievance with that FOC office.

Remember, the evaluation is more or less an opinion, and you have the opportunity to object to that opinion and have a judge hear your case. You have the opportunity then to show the judge the FOC person got it wrong. Judge may or may not agree with you, but that's where you start.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.