Tulsa, OK asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Oklahoma

Q: Having problems with my late mother in laws auto insurance agent/company

When my Mother in Law passed we contacted her insurance agent to cancel her policy. He told us it was cancel and we left it at that, the next month we notice that the insurance company is continuing to take money out of the account she shared with my husband We contacted the agent again, he said the policy wad canceled and it takes a few weeks to process, so we left it at that. The next month the insurance company takes money out of thr account again. We contacted the agent and he says the policy is canceled. The next month thr same thing. So again we contact the agent only send screen shots of the bank withdrawals. The account was finally canceled 8/10 and now he tells us we need a court appointed trustee to get back the money they took after we ask and were told the policy was cancelled.. is there anything we can do? This has been going on since 4-5-22 and now the agent won't even respond to our emails.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law. The estate and probate attorneys here would probably have the most insight on this. A starting point could be to bring the matter to the attention of the executor for the estate. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.