Proctorville, OH asked in Divorce, Family Law, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Ohio

Q: I need help I'm homeless and low income. Illegal lock out and She lied on equity at the divorce. I had no lawyer

Divorced 9/07/2021 in Ohio she was awarded the house but never finished the quick deed. I never signed a quick deed.My name is on mortgage and as of now it is still on the deed. She can't refinance cause she bought a new car after the divorce. The morgage company keeps calling due to missed payments. Effecting my credit not hers. Also she now want to sell the house but lied about the equity in court to the judge during the divorce. I tried to get back together in February to see if things would work but she locked me out of the house on July 28 illegally. She has all my belongings and mail. I'm lost

1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Parties to a Divorce can file a Motion under Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure 60 B to request the court to grant relief from a Divorce or Dissolution judgment or order. Motions can be filed based on mistakes; inadvertence; excusable neglect; newly discovered evidence; fraud; etc. The motion shall be made within a reasonable time but many reasons include that the motion cannot be brought more than one year after the judgment. Otherwise, pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 3105.171 a division or disbursement of property or a distributive award made pursuant to Divorce is not subject to future modification by the court except upon the express written consent or agreement to the modification by both spouses.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.