Fairfax, VA asked in Criminal Law for Virginia

Q: Arrested on a non extraditable misdemeanor 23 years after contempt charge. What should I do?

Failed to appear in Pennsylvania. Have AIDS AND was sick I couldn't travel. Was told I'd be ok except if stopped in Pennsylvania. I called police for assistance out of fear my place was being broken into and the Falls Church city police arrested me even though the national criminal data base said non extraditable. Court date 10:00 am 09-07-22 in Falls Church. I'm very sick and worried now . I thought I'd be dead by now and kind of wish I was. Don't have money for attorney.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel P Leavitt
Daniel P Leavitt pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Midlothian, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: You will want to request a court appointed attorney when you are in front of the judge. They should appoint an attorney to represent you if you qualify financially.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.