Livonia, MI asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Michigan

Q: How do I transfer property from a deceased parent to one of his sons?

Probate court is currently open, which doc would we need to send to the deeds office?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Soble
David Soble
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Farmington Hills, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Real estate and probate matters very frequently intersect. You need to first confirm that you have authority from the court to transfer or convey real estate out of an estate. If you do, then the personal representative has authority to create a deed during the pendency of a probate estate administration. See more at

Trent Harris agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.