Dayton, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: How to change custody order child been staying with non custodial parent for at least a year age 13

Points child wants to stay with non custodial

Custodial not providing correct school in wrong district

Custodial sometimes has no electricity or water

Custodial refuses to give care insurance card to get child care needed

Custodial has right for schooling

Custodial trouble with truency officer /not way to get child to school

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: When parties need updated court orders concerning child custody in Ohio they can file a Motion for Change of Parental Rights and Responsibilities in the same case where there is already a court order. There are some forms available online from the Ohio Supreme Court which can be found at this link:

Ohio Revised Code 3109.04 explains the legal standard for the changing residential parent including that the court can modify a prior decree allocating parental rights and responsibilities for the care of children if it finds, based on facts that have arisen since the prior decree or that were unknown to the court at the time of the prior decree, that a change has occurred in the circumstances of the child, the child's residential parent, or either of the parents subject to a shared parenting decree, and that the modification is necessary to serve the best interest of the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.