Ashland, KY asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: I have two children out of wedlock with same woman. My name is on both birth certificates.

She started a relationship with a man in England online and we live in Kentucky. Her mother lives there and next year she wants to take kids for a visit. With her new relationship overe ther I fear she may decide just to stay in England. Do I have legal rights as is to prevent that or must I take other preventative steps?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: F a legal proceeding concerning these children exists, you’ll need to get orders entered addressing these concerns in that case. If no proceeding exists, you’ll need to file one and get orders entered in the new case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.