Fort Smith, AR asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Personal Injury and Elder Law for Arkansas

Q: What kind of attorney do I need to talk to about violation of ADA rights for a disabled person.

I also need answers about laws broken and other rights violated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Arkansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You need to search for attorneys who handle Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) matters. You could try searching under ADA and civil rights law firms. You could check with the Arkansas Bar Association. Most state bar associations have resources for the public with attorney referrals. The Department of Justice has a website, devoted to ADA matters. There's a tab above, Find-a-Lawyer. Although there isn't a section dedicated specifically to ADA violations under practice headings, you could try reaching out to attorneys in related areas - civil rights or disability. Additionally, some of the larger general civil litigation/injury firms handle some ADA matters. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.