Georgetown, OH asked in Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Ohio

Q: Husband was on life support his sister filed quit claim deed on house putting it in her name. Is this fraud not his sign

The house was to go to me before he died she put deed in her name no way he agreed he had been unconscious in coma

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If she forged his signature you will need to 1) report the fraud to the police and 2) file a declaratory judgment action against her to unwind the transaction. Quit claim deeds in Ohio also must be notarized, so find the notary and bring a claim against them as well for fraudulently notarizing the document.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.