Chicago, IL asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for Illinois

Q: Hired a mechanic to work on my car after leaving I noticed my car wasn’t working well got it checked out and it’s broken

The mechanic had to move everything out in order to fix my transmission but I believe while doing that he messed something up because after that my cars Turbo started to fail (never had a problem with it) now I have a broken car and 3.6k down the hole. I called him and told him this and he took the car back when I picked it up again he said it was a loose hose, 2 days after that my car notified me that my turbo is still broken. Is there anything I can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. J. Jesky
T. J. Jesky
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Well, it appears that the mechanic did not do his job correctly. If the mechanic cannot fix the problem or reimburse you for your expenses, I would suggest litigating this matter in Small Claims Court. If the mechanic is unresponsive, you can let him know that you plan to file a case in Small Claims Court. This may motivate him before any case if filed. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.