Houston, TX asked in Foreclosure for Texas

Q: I was left property in my mother's will. I was paying the mortgage 2 years.

Bank and mortgage company were notified of her passing, and were accepting payment from me. Then property was foreclosed and sold with no notification, until after the sale...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you still have possession of the house/property, you can file in court for an injunction and stop the foreclosure. If you have left, you would have a very hard time getting back possession. Notice is a key part of any foreclosure. This would also be helped if you had the property put through surrogate's court.

Seek out a lawyer immediately if you want to fix this legal problem.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.