Manchester, CT asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Connecticut

Q: Couple of questions

I have a couple of questions so I’ve been having a lot of issues with the babies father and his family . I plan on going to court soon but i am wondering what my chances would be in court . On his side of the family his mother has threatened for grandparent rights but has barely seen her grandchild due to the father not bringing her up there as much as he barely sees our daughter as is . However his mother has a fentanyl patch that falls off when it wants to she has it prescribed by a dr . Would that patch affect her ability to win grandparents rights in court . As for next question if the father and my son 2 years old live as mass residents but the father grows marijuana in their basement can that affect his ability for custody ? i am also aware that he brings our son on rides where he exchanges weed to his friends and people who want to buy it off him and my son is in the backseat . Would that affect his ability for custody’s as well ? Me and my daughter live here in ct

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Ann Subbloie
Linda Ann Subbloie
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • New Haven, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: You didn't say what you are going to court for. Is there a custody order in place now and you are trying to modify it or there is no court orders yet and you are going to court for the first time.

Grandparents can not get custody in CT unless they meet very stringent requirements. If the grandmother has not seen your child very much she has already failed at any chance for custody.

If your child is a Mass. resident then the case is a Mass. case not a CT case. You would have to bring your court motion in Mass.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.