Newaygo, MI asked in Foreclosure and Civil Rights for Michigan

Q: Bondsman stole car and didn’t take off balance now house is going to auction for 6490 by September 29 on a zero charge

Inowed 2000 for a 20000 bond that I put. Y house up for the charge was dropped shortly after I bonded out but I owed the 2000 still about a month after I got out w no contact the bondsman came and took my 2008 Jeep Patriot 4x4 he said that he would notify me of the remainder balance after he sold the jeep and about a week ago I found out that my house is going up for auction he saying that I old him 2950 and now I have to pay $6490 by the 29th and even to this day I am having a lot of problems trying to just find somebody to pay nobody won’t answer me nobody will give me an amount nothing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Get a lawyer as soon as possible regarding the house auction. There should be a court file number, and documents may indicate a lawyer who represents the bondsman, whom you should contact regarding payment.

As to the car, it's likely as part of the bond contract, you signed over title to them.

All this is, of course, premised on the fact that you contracted with the bonds company to pay them $2,000 - I assume you are aware of that by now, but the following is more so for others' knowledge. When you use a bonds company, you are agreeing to pay for a service, regardless of what happens with your charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.