Crawfordville, FL asked in Uncategorized for Florida

Q: Should I sue them? My wife has worked very hard on her mental health. She had suicidal thoughts and a plan back in 2018.

When my wife left, she was a zombie. It took all of her personality from her. Took about a week to recover. Since then, she got help and went to therapy. She’s been doing great. Until this week. A month ago, our pharmacy said we were not allowed to fill her medicine for 90 days. I argued and they eventually gave us 20 pills. So, at about 5 pills remaining, I used their app to get the meds refilled. We heard nothing even after the weekend. I decided to take a trip to the pharmacy to pick up the meds we asked for. They said no, because it hadn’t been filled. My wife was 3 days in without her meds. She checked with her doctors office and they did nothing wrong on their end. No changes. Nothing. When she finally picked up the meds, she took it immediately. The next day, she saw the bottle sitting on the counter. Went to put it with the rest of the meds. She noticed the bottle listed an entirely different med. Not even same family. They gave her the wrong prescription. She is suffering.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Sue the pharmacy for what; no proper medication for three days? Just go back and get the right prescription.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.