Denver, CO asked in Consumer Law and Lemon Law for Colorado

Q: I am an international student and bought an used car in Jan 8 convinced by the fact that the Carfax was clean.

But very soon it presented overheating problems. On Jan 17, 9 days after the purchase, I took it for an oil exchange at Grease Monkeys, where they made the following comments on the invoice:




Which indicates I was fooled by the dealership.

So, is there a law ground to sue the dealer for this bad faith?

Thank you very much.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Joseph Larranaga
Michael Joseph Larranaga pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Parker, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: While this is not my area of expertise, I would check into the state's lemon laws. If you purchased the vehicle from a dealer you might be able to return it or have them fix some of the issues. I recommend checking the colorado bar's website under the licensed lawyer tool to look for attorneys that do lemon law. Good luck.

Please be aware that any answer is based on all the events occurring in Colorado. Further, please be aware that this is not legal advice. This is generic information intended to help the reader develop questions to ask an attorney when they are ready. Each case is different. Anyone reading this answer in need of legal advice should contact an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.