Tampa, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: what type of motion would I file to make my ex pay his child support on time? he pays it every month but never on time

The judge was very clear that it needs to be paid on the 1st of the month and not any later. but it never comes on the first of the month. it comes randomly all different times of the month and I cannot budget because I don't know when it's coming and I want to have the judge enforce it being paid on time. he is self-employed so I cannot use an IDO

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Unless your ex is self employed, the best thing that you can do is to ask for an income deduction order, which is your right under the law. With that order the child support would be deducted directly from his pay check by the state and then forwarded to you. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Stephen Arnold Black agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.