Simpsonville, SC asked in Domestic Violence for South Carolina

Q: I was a victim of a crime at a Mexican restaurant they have no cameras and they had a karaoke that night.

That night he decided to hit me in the back of my head with brass knuckles, brass knuckles on left side, across the forehead, and hit me with a ball pin hammer. Is there any way in the restaurant can be held liable since they were overcrowded and understaffed no video cameras or bouncer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black

A: Yes, you may have a good case for security negligence. Contact the local attorney in South Carolina for representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.