Concord, CA asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Family Law for California

Q: What can I do at the mediation "follow up"? I feel like the female mediator is siding with mom.

Today the recommendation so far is thurs to mon. Then following week a 3 hr visit Wednesday before work. After school. I work graveyard working mon thru thurs one week, mon thru wens another. 12hr shifts. I asked for visits to match my days off cuz I work graveyard. Mom works during the day so she gets to see em after school. We had dependency court twice. Mom lost kids both times during to substance abuse and cps refused to give me a chance even after there allegations were thrown out. Every time I wanna have em more there always 1 thing as the excuse I can't. The original order is wens thur over nite. But I changed jobs to this. So I had the kids on the weekend. But after an argument mom said to go back to the order till it's modified knowing our 13 n 10 year old would be home alone. Then in mediation said she's not comfortable with them alone. My son, 10 wants to b here more. My daughter 13. Idk she's one her phone 24 7. But has fine with it cuz she babysits at moms.

1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: An attorney will advise regarding mediation. If you disagree with the mediator's report, you can request a hearing. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.