Warren, OH asked in Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: My boyfriend/sons father and I had an argument about 5 months ago. I thought he had taken my phone but I misplaced it

And reported it stolen so he has an F2 for robbery and physical harm but I don’t want to go through with anything

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Well, you can talk to the prosecutor about it. Occasionally they decide not to move forward with a case based on new info or an uncooperative victim. In this case it would help A LOT if you could show them you found the phone. If you don’t have it, they probably aren’t going to believe you simply misplaced it.

If they decide to proceed with the prosecution, and you are served a subpoena, you are legally required to appear and testify truthfully.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.